December 5: Accomplishments
Did you finally land your dream job? Did you have your first child? Did you finally find “the one?” What is your biggest accomplishment for 2012?
Looking back on 2012, I think I’ve accomplished A LOT. So much so, that I don’t think I could accurately write a post about every. single. thing.
So I am going to make a list instead, starting from the beginning of the year until now.
- Mr. Fox and I bought our first home – even though it was sort of inherited but not really, our names are on the deed and we are mortgage free!
- I moved back to where I’ve been the happiest – Philadelphia, PA
- I gave up on something that I was no longer passionate about (photography) – which, to me, is an accomplishment. Because if you know me, you know that I probably would have continued doing it until I REALLY hated it, like I did with sewing.
- I took charge of my health and got to all the doctors I could to fix my ailments – this is still a work in progress
- I went to the dentist for the first time in, you don’t even want to know – and surprisingly enough, I walked away with less cavities than I thought I would have after so long.
- I was accepted to Philadelphia University for Interactive Media and Design – though I ultimately decided not to go on the basis of cost. Yay community college and state schools!
- I made it my life’s work, doing what I love – creating spiffy websites for people who need them!
- I gave up soda – as of today, I am 250 days soda free.
- I wouldn’t necessarily call this an accomplishment, but I gave into the allure of an anti-glare screen and got a new MacBook Pro
Sadly, that’s all I can think of right now. I am sure there’s more, but I am so tired that I can’t think of anything else!
This year, I am participating in #projectreflect12, which is a new series for reflecting on the year gone by before the new year starts.